Skip to main content

You & I



We both were enjoying the sunset on the beach.He took interest in the sandcastles I made. I looked at him in a childish way.

 He said,"This is why I fell in love with you" 

I gently laughed as he spoke. Again, he flattered me, saying,"What? I am serious Naina!" 

"Ok, fine! When did I say you were fooling around" I chuckled

The innocent look on his face made me laugh harder.I couldn't resist that moment and pulled his cheeks.He was taken aback by my sudden response.

"What are you doing? It hurts!" He said

"Is it so? Then forget it, from now on wards I'll never pull your cheeks" I mocked

"Hey! Don't be mad, I like it when you do that but next time do it softly" He said

After few minutes, he looked at me, his forehead displayed fine lines of tension. I knew he was about to speak something urgent.

"Jokes apart"

"Naina,their is something I want you to know" he prompted


No sooner did he spoke about the subject than his phone began to ring. Surprisingly, for the first time I witnessed an unknown caller.He went away saying it must be an interview call so I didn't care enough to ask.

It had been half an hour.I kept calling him but all I heard was 'the person you are calling is busy'. Suddenly, a wave of thoughts began to flood in my mind.

"What if he is talking to a girl?"
"Is he hiding something from me?"
"Has he found someone else?" I thought to myself

I couldn't help but only wait for him to arrive.These thoughts were futile so I gazed at the sunset and found solace in that.The view was so captivating that I felt ecstatic. I recalled the time when he had proposed to me at this beach, before dusk.



"Naina , You & I are perfect for each other. I love you with all my heart and nobody would ever replace you in my life" 

 Oh,what an inexplicable feeling it was.It was about six months back and I still couldn't believe that time flew so fast.

It's been a year.

Sadly, I am still attached with his memories.

That unfateful day while I was enjoying the sunset alone, my friend Nikita came and said,"Naina,where is Shashank?"

"He went an hour ago to attend his call" I said

"How did you find me?"

"That's not important" She said

"Why,what happened?" I asked

"Do you know he has already left for home?" She said

"Without informing me?" I asked

"Yes! I saw him while I was parking my scooty" She said

"Oh, dont worry! His sister is a trouble maker,of course he would have left for her" I said

"Don't be blind in love, Naina!"

"Why cant you see that he has taken you for granted?" She cried

"But he has not! He is serious for me! " I assured

"Oh really! Do you have any idea that he is engaged and is about to get married within a month?" She said

"What? What are you saying? Are you mad? Don't play your old pranks with me, I am in no mood to laugh" I yelled

"But this time I am serious, Naina!" She said

I looked at her. Her face expressed terror. I didn't want to believe her, I wanted some proof. 

She discovered my dilemma and said,"look at this photo, Shashank and this girl with him, her name is Arpita, She works at a software company.They both met each other through a matrimonial site"
  
The mobile screen laughed at me as I failed in deceiving myself.

"But Nikita why would Shashank betray me? Why?" I asked in vain

"I have heard that his mother disliked you and instead persuaded Shashank to get married to the girl of her choice" Nikita said

I was dumbstruck.

Nikita made all attempts to console me but nothing worked. I wanted to scream at the top of my voice, I wanted people to know my pain, the inconsolable feeling, the sting of betrayal, the unbearable sight of being deserted by your lover, my heart crumpled into pieces.

"Nikita" I said

"Yes, Naina" Nikita mumbled

"Do you want to know whats going in my mind?" I asked

"I insist, please say" Nikita said

"A beautiful dream has finally ended into a nightmare" I said

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How Negative energy affects your life

You may have noticed that negative people and negative events always hamper your life. And, well, not just life it proves to be like a rust that is not ready to leave you at any cost. Rust brings nothing but staleness in our lives.  When you live around negative people all the time, you know how it juxtaposes your energy field from positive to negative and vice versa. You are being affected by the environment hugely and these constant fluctuations does nothing but creates havoc and chaos into our lives. You are now severely affected by the collision of two energies; positive and negative. There is no balance that can be created as the outer energy is overpowering your state of mind and life, eventually controlling your day. Not a day goes by when you try to create a smooth balance between your inner soul and your existing environment, that more negative things get attracted to you. It starts with one negative thing, such as an argument, a fight over a small issue, a misundersta

Self Love And Relationships

When you don't love yourself, you do not appreciate anything in your life including the people and the things you have. Albert Einstein said, "Nothing happens until something moves". The question is, are you willing to make a move and love yourself? Are you willing to accept who you are including the flaws you have? Are you willing to change your life? If yes, then my friend you have come to the right place and I am here to make you fall in love with yourself. You must have noticed that when people love you and you don't receive the love back with equal affection or don't return their love, they simply block you from their life or walk out from your life. And then you feel that nobody loves you, that you are alone, you feel lonely and you think people don't love you. This life of misery continues until you realize that you are the one who was blocking out all the love from outside because you didn't have love within you. What I would like to

Wanderer

Ever been like a wanderer? Yes,we all are in our whole life . F irst,going to school then getting new classmates,new teachers at every standard,then during college making new friends,new assignments daily,vivas,projects and so on... Reading it all makes us so insightful.We all are eventually wanderers in every phase of our life,however distinctively gathering experiences different from others. Well life in short is no paragraph or a sentence in which you can explain its meaning precisely.Its an ongoing journey flowing like a directionless wind from one place to another without any aim. And although,we think,plan cautiously things still don't go our way.Suppose you decided to go to your desired college but you don't get selected,now what will you do? Have you ever thought about it?Alas! You were so entangled in preparing yourself for that one sought after college that you ultimately forgot to also have other colleges in your hand.If you would have done that perhaps no