Skip to main content

Love in between the lines


"What are you looking at? Why are you taking so long to read my future?" I asked

"Oh child! Your love line is short which means that in the beginning it would start quickly but won't last long." The palmist predicted.

I looked at him in dismay.

"So that means their is no hope?" I asked

"It can survive if only you avoid arguments" He suggested.

Feeling pity for myself, I paid his fee and walked off

What was my fault? That my love lines were short? Should I blame everything on those lines that create a mark and halt my future?



Why did this foolish idea strike my mind ? How come I got excited to get into this stuff ? 

Well, the answer was the uncertainty in my love life.


I walked and walked and thought how I was groomed by my parents as a child,

 "One day, a prince would come and take my lovely daughter with him and then both would live happily ever after"

"Happily Ever After" I repeated the words.

It appeared shallow to me now.

Since my teenage years, I had been searching for my love, my true love with whom I would mark my destiny

When I was in my first year of college, I loved to create my own fantasy melodrama of Romeo and Juliet. I as "Juliet" and Romeo my "created imagination" who was yet to arrive. Who would meet his Juliet, just by a single glance and get struck by a cupid's arrow.

My favorite lines were from the play which I loved narrating it again and again,

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

These lines were enough to make someone fall in love!

But does love come easy ? Not at all.

It comes with a price.

A price that either death pays or separation.

"Love in today's time has become hollow, dull and blank. People think they are in love but it's only the initial excitement of the romance. What happens next is, we all know; arguments, lies, abuses, curses, stupid excuses and in the end break up. End of the story."

And I am not talking about myself but also in general. 

Love doesn't mean entering into a relationship, getting married and so on. Of course, we all like to think that way but how can we forget that nothing comes easy ?

Why do we think we would find and settle for love so easily without any pain, restriction or barriers? 

"Aasha! How are you?" Mitali said, breaking my thoughts.

"Hey, I'm good, you say!" I said

"Dude, what were you thinking all this while? I was calling out your name from a distance" She said

"Ya, I was thinking something" 

"I assume it's something related to the assignment?" She asked

"Ya!" I lied

My cab finally arrived after booking on the app. She bid me adieu and the car took off for its destination.


Shaurya called, he seemed worried after knowing about my break up with Deepak.

"Pakka na, you are fine?" He asked

"Of course, I am!" I said

"Ok, If you say so" He said

"Listen" 

"Hmm..." He mumbled

"Can we meet at Star bucks on Saturday ?" 

"Sure, let me know the time" He said

Shaurya was my second year college friend, we met each other during a fest through our mutual friend. He was different from other guys, neither the one who would laugh all the time nor the serious one. 

 He fell into the Ambivert category and although he was my good friend but many thought that we were more than just friends. 

I wanted to tell him about getting my hand read by the palmist although I know he would laugh at it and say,

"Like seriously ? You believe in all this ?" 

He was someone who shared his deep darkest secrets with me and I with him. Often, I got scared when people said not to be that close to him otherwise things would turn out worse but I was firm that nothing of that sort would happen.

Does he have that kind of feelings for me? 

I don't think so.

I hope not and I don't want to think.



( To be continued...)






 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Negative energy affects your life

You may have noticed that negative people and negative events always hamper your life. And, well, not just life it proves to be like a rust that is not ready to leave you at any cost. Rust brings nothing but staleness in our lives.  When you live around negative people all the time, you know how it juxtaposes your energy field from positive to negative and vice versa. You are being affected by the environment hugely and these constant fluctuations does nothing but creates havoc and chaos into our lives. You are now severely affected by the collision of two energies; positive and negative. There is no balance that can be created as the outer energy is overpowering your state of mind and life, eventually controlling your day. Not a day goes by when you try to create a smooth balance between your inner soul and your existing environment, that more negative things get attracted to you. It starts with one negative thing, such as an argument, a fight over a small issue, a misundersta

Self Love And Relationships

When you don't love yourself, you do not appreciate anything in your life including the people and the things you have. Albert Einstein said, "Nothing happens until something moves". The question is, are you willing to make a move and love yourself? Are you willing to accept who you are including the flaws you have? Are you willing to change your life? If yes, then my friend you have come to the right place and I am here to make you fall in love with yourself. You must have noticed that when people love you and you don't receive the love back with equal affection or don't return their love, they simply block you from their life or walk out from your life. And then you feel that nobody loves you, that you are alone, you feel lonely and you think people don't love you. This life of misery continues until you realize that you are the one who was blocking out all the love from outside because you didn't have love within you. What I would like to

Wanderer

Ever been like a wanderer? Yes,we all are in our whole life . F irst,going to school then getting new classmates,new teachers at every standard,then during college making new friends,new assignments daily,vivas,projects and so on... Reading it all makes us so insightful.We all are eventually wanderers in every phase of our life,however distinctively gathering experiences different from others. Well life in short is no paragraph or a sentence in which you can explain its meaning precisely.Its an ongoing journey flowing like a directionless wind from one place to another without any aim. And although,we think,plan cautiously things still don't go our way.Suppose you decided to go to your desired college but you don't get selected,now what will you do? Have you ever thought about it?Alas! You were so entangled in preparing yourself for that one sought after college that you ultimately forgot to also have other colleges in your hand.If you would have done that perhaps no