Skip to main content

Lost and Found


Sunaina looked at his face all frozen and awestruck,unmoved by the announcement repeated many times.She wondered what was he deeply thinking about.



"Just tell me one thing,will you be able to give up the baby?"Mihir asked

"Do i have any choice?"Sunaina mocked

"Okay,but what are you going to do after you give up the baby?"Mihir asked

 "Probably,go to my parents back as i am not financially stable and a place so expensive like Mumbai,i don't think i would be able to afford the budget"Sunaina said

"And?"Mihir asked

"And what?"Sunaina asked,feeling puzzled

"I mean,what would you do then"Mihir asked

"Well,i suppose that's none of your concern,i think you would miss your flight if you wasted one more moment here"Sunaina said

"Answer my question"Mihir asked

"You know what,let me tell you,Men like you have no respect for Women,I am no helpless,miserable women,ok?I don't know whats wrong with men.If they do anything wrong with a women,his parents pretend that it's the fault of hers and moreover the society too supports it.If she doesn't' like you,you would chase and stalk her until she gets horrified and if she likes you,all you think is,she's interested in sexual favors.No,that's not it.Do you get me?

I think the root of the problem is the girl child,so why don't you just erase the opposite gender once and for all,then perhaps Men would get to know how unbearable it is to touch the fire and let it burn your skin.Disgusting and sick!

I can live alone and i don't need a Man for my support!"Sunaina yelled

People sitting around her looked at both of them,meanwhile one of the air hostesses came in search for looking for Mihir.

"I am terribly sorry and believe me when i say that,i had no intention to offend you.All i wanted to know was whether you would be concentrating on your career."Mihir said softly

"That's none of your business"Sunaina said
"Have a safe flight"

"Bye Sunaina,take care"Mihir said,as he took his luggage and began walking away.

While he had departed already,Sunaina felt a sense of guilt.
"Was he trying to help me in some way?"She wondered

The thought vanished within seconds,she appeared gloomy now and opened her whats app it was his number which she had to add in her contact list.

For a while,she thought whether she should reply to the message and within a couple of minutes impulsively typed,"Hey,i am deeply sorry" and sent.

Three months passed swiftly and summer arrived.Sunaina was free and alone by herself.

Regretting for giving up her baby but she knew that it was impossible for her to face the consequences when her family and people would come to know about it. 

Nothing was left,when she decided to join the job again,she was fired.Now all she could actually do is return to her parents.

One evening as she was about to call her parents,she saw a missed call from an unknown number.When she called back a familiar voice could be heard.

"Hello,whose speaking?"Sunaina asked
"Hi,it's me,Mihir"Mihir replied
"Oh,hi,how are you?Sunaina asked jovially.
"I am good,how are you?"Mihir asked
"Well,i didn't expect you to call"Sunaina said
"Why so?"Mihir asked
"Because of how i treated you that day"Sunaina said
"It's totally understandable"Mihir said
"But"
"I am not one of those Men,i respect women and i just wanted to help you.Unfortunately,the situation was like that that anyone could have judged me wrong"
"Oh,yes"Sunaina said
" So,how come you called me after so long?"Sunaina asked
"Well,i was..."Mihir said
"I had to tell you something."
"Yes"
"I am listening"Sunaina said
"Are you still in Mumbai?"Mihir asked
"Just for few days"Sunaina said
"Listen,don't get me wrong,ok,please listen carefully"Mihir said
"Okay"Sunaina said
"There is a vacancy and a consultant is needed urgently so i wondering if you would be interested in it?Mihir said
"Is it in your company?"Sunaina asked
"No,no,one of my female friend works in another company and they needed a female consultant"Mihir said
"Well,i am obliged to hear that but are you asking me as a favor or is it just an offer?"Sunaina asked
"Consider it as a help from someone who's your well wisher and intends no harm"Mihir said
"Then,i would consider it"Sunaina said

Mihir knew that Sunaina would also have to face consequences when she would return home.He had no good or bad intentions.All he wanted was that her professional life stays stable.That she could respectfully earn on her own.He was glad he was brought up in a family where he was taught to respect women.Now when his work was over and he had done his part,he looked at the phone,traced her number and deleted it.

He found himself back while helping her.The lost part of his life,his self esteem.It was only her who made him learn never to let your morale down even in worse times.The ultimate faith she had in herself even after knowing that things would turn more difficult and depressing,still she had some faith that there was a possibility,a hope,that things would be better.

She had arrived as a guardian angel in his life.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfailing Outlook

While you have dreams in your vision to fulfill them,you also see on the other hand how people are living their life. The kind of life you too are dreaming at the moment. Someone's a doctor, musician, singer, astronaut, engineer, architect etc.Perhaps every individual lives up to their dreams as without dreams reality hits us hard.   To live your dream you need to have an ambition,an aim,strength to resist trials and tribulations,undivided focus and hard work.  And all this comes with a cost - Time! Time which keeps ticking at every mini second Time that doesn't stop Time which is the present Time that guides you to make or break your life. Like the wrist watch on your hand completes your style,the same way the time is a constant reminder to you to walk on the pedestal or you'll get hit by a car. But at times,we fail,we feel let down due to circumstances and sometimes hard luck. Whatever the issue of concern may be but it's really important to ha...

You & I

We both were enjoying the sunset on the beach.He t ook interest in the sandcastles I made . I looked at him in a childish way.  He said,"This is why I fell in love with you"  I gently laughed as he spoke. Again, he flattered me, saying,"What? I am serious Naina!"  "Ok, fine! When did I say you were fooling around" I chuckled The innocent look on his face made me laugh harder.I couldn't resist that moment and pulled his cheeks.He was taken aback by my sudden response. "What are you doing? It hurts!" He said " Is it so ? Then forget it, from now on wards I 'll never pull your cheeks" I mocked "Hey! Don't be mad, I like it when you do that but next time do it softly" He said After few minutes, he looked at me, his forehead display ed fine lines of tension. I knew he was about to speak something urgent. "Jokes apart" "Naina,their is something I want you to know" he prompt...

The Idyllic Love

Everyone in today's world is searching for their partner who is supposedly meant to be there in their lives forever. Well, don't you think it is? Somewhere, Sometimes we all are inclined to think that yes, maybe our soulmate is out there somewhere waiting for us. And why shouldn't we think as it pleases our mind? This "Idyllic love" or the ideal love we are in the hunt for makes us crazy to an extent that either we go to depression or question the thought itself.  Questions which we introspect on, "Does true love really exist ?" "Do fairy tale love exist?" "Will I ever find my soulmate?" "What if I never find one?" "What if I remain single?" "what if I never get married?" "Am I living in an illusion?" "look at that couple how madly in love they are and still going strong and look at me I couldn't find one for myself!" Dude, Relax! You'll find one! Soon...