Skip to main content

Why I am still single



Yesterday I was sitting patiently at McDonald's waiting for my takeaway order to arrive. As the staff members were getting my order ready I looked outside the main road where cars and auto rickshaws made endless honking to free themselves from the ongoing traffic.To my surprise, I saw a couple holding hands as they entered swiftly inside the McD. I couldn't help but notice how madly they seemed to be in love as if struck by the bow of cupid's arrow.

They stood right in front of the counter and the boy asked the girl what she would like to order. It appeared to me as if i had already seen this couple before because of the way they were acting. Right! I felt the deja vu experience. And then it came to my mind about a particular memory where my friend Tanvi had asked me the question while we were sipping cold coffee.

"Why are you still single yaar?" Tanvi asked 

"Because I haven't found someone yet that would make me feel butterflies in the stomach!" 

"Oh come on! Stop this nonsense ya! You had this feeling with Aakash too and also with Karthik before!" She mocked

"Well, then I don't think it was love, It was infatuation" 

"You know what! If you happen to keep thinking about this feeling, you'll most probably end up staying single your whole life" She blurted out those vicious words in my face.

"I guess, I don't mind. I am happy like that!" 

That's how our conversation had ended and the cute couple because of which our conversation took place vanished from our sight out of nowhere. And yet again this time it had happened.

"Madam! Madam! Your order is ready!" He called out 

I looked at him with utter disappointment. He seemed concerned for me. I grabbed the packets and my smoothie. The couple due to which I began day dreaming had disappeared.

My eyes drifted towards the smoothie. I took a sip. It tasted delectable as if made right from the heaven. For a moment I forgot everything. 

Food is my weakness, It's my eternal love!


And then I thought, "Huh! why should I think about love right now when there is no other love compared to food that could make me go weak in the knees!!" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfailing Outlook

While you have dreams in your vision to fulfill them,you also see on the other hand how people are living their life. The kind of life you too are dreaming at the moment. Someone's a doctor, musician, singer, astronaut, engineer, architect etc.Perhaps every individual lives up to their dreams as without dreams reality hits us hard.   To live your dream you need to have an ambition,an aim,strength to resist trials and tribulations,undivided focus and hard work.  And all this comes with a cost - Time! Time which keeps ticking at every mini second Time that doesn't stop Time which is the present Time that guides you to make or break your life. Like the wrist watch on your hand completes your style,the same way the time is a constant reminder to you to walk on the pedestal or you'll get hit by a car. But at times,we fail,we feel let down due to circumstances and sometimes hard luck. Whatever the issue of concern may be but it's really important to ha...

You & I

We both were enjoying the sunset on the beach.He t ook interest in the sandcastles I made . I looked at him in a childish way.  He said,"This is why I fell in love with you"  I gently laughed as he spoke. Again, he flattered me, saying,"What? I am serious Naina!"  "Ok, fine! When did I say you were fooling around" I chuckled The innocent look on his face made me laugh harder.I couldn't resist that moment and pulled his cheeks.He was taken aback by my sudden response. "What are you doing? It hurts!" He said " Is it so ? Then forget it, from now on wards I 'll never pull your cheeks" I mocked "Hey! Don't be mad, I like it when you do that but next time do it softly" He said After few minutes, he looked at me, his forehead display ed fine lines of tension. I knew he was about to speak something urgent. "Jokes apart" "Naina,their is something I want you to know" he prompt...

The Idyllic Love

Everyone in today's world is searching for their partner who is supposedly meant to be there in their lives forever. Well, don't you think it is? Somewhere, Sometimes we all are inclined to think that yes, maybe our soulmate is out there somewhere waiting for us. And why shouldn't we think as it pleases our mind? This "Idyllic love" or the ideal love we are in the hunt for makes us crazy to an extent that either we go to depression or question the thought itself.  Questions which we introspect on, "Does true love really exist ?" "Do fairy tale love exist?" "Will I ever find my soulmate?" "What if I never find one?" "What if I remain single?" "what if I never get married?" "Am I living in an illusion?" "look at that couple how madly in love they are and still going strong and look at me I couldn't find one for myself!" Dude, Relax! You'll find one! Soon...