Skip to main content

Why I am still single



Yesterday I was sitting patiently at McDonald's waiting for my takeaway order to arrive. As the staff members were getting my order ready I looked outside the main road where cars and auto rickshaws made endless honking to free themselves from the ongoing traffic.To my surprise, I saw a couple holding hands as they entered swiftly inside the McD. I couldn't help but notice how madly they seemed to be in love as if struck by the bow of cupid's arrow.

They stood right in front of the counter and the boy asked the girl what she would like to order. It appeared to me as if i had already seen this couple before because of the way they were acting. Right! I felt the deja vu experience. And then it came to my mind about a particular memory where my friend Tanvi had asked me the question while we were sipping cold coffee.

"Why are you still single yaar?" Tanvi asked 

"Because I haven't found someone yet that would make me feel butterflies in the stomach!" 

"Oh come on! Stop this nonsense ya! You had this feeling with Aakash too and also with Karthik before!" She mocked

"Well, then I don't think it was love, It was infatuation" 

"You know what! If you happen to keep thinking about this feeling, you'll most probably end up staying single your whole life" She blurted out those vicious words in my face.

"I guess, I don't mind. I am happy like that!" 

That's how our conversation had ended and the cute couple because of which our conversation took place vanished from our sight out of nowhere. And yet again this time it had happened.

"Madam! Madam! Your order is ready!" He called out 

I looked at him with utter disappointment. He seemed concerned for me. I grabbed the packets and my smoothie. The couple due to which I began day dreaming had disappeared.

My eyes drifted towards the smoothie. I took a sip. It tasted delectable as if made right from the heaven. For a moment I forgot everything. 

Food is my weakness, It's my eternal love!


And then I thought, "Huh! why should I think about love right now when there is no other love compared to food that could make me go weak in the knees!!" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Negative energy affects your life

You may have noticed that negative people and negative events always hamper your life. And, well, not just life it proves to be like a rust that is not ready to leave you at any cost. Rust brings nothing but staleness in our lives.  When you live around negative people all the time, you know how it juxtaposes your energy field from positive to negative and vice versa. You are being affected by the environment hugely and these constant fluctuations does nothing but creates havoc and chaos into our lives. You are now severely affected by the collision of two energies; positive and negative. There is no balance that can be created as the outer energy is overpowering your state of mind and life, eventually controlling your day. Not a day goes by when you try to create a smooth balance between your inner soul and your existing environment, that more negative things get attracted to you. It starts with one negative thing, such as an argument, a fight over a small issue, a misundersta

Self Love And Relationships

When you don't love yourself, you do not appreciate anything in your life including the people and the things you have. Albert Einstein said, "Nothing happens until something moves". The question is, are you willing to make a move and love yourself? Are you willing to accept who you are including the flaws you have? Are you willing to change your life? If yes, then my friend you have come to the right place and I am here to make you fall in love with yourself. You must have noticed that when people love you and you don't receive the love back with equal affection or don't return their love, they simply block you from their life or walk out from your life. And then you feel that nobody loves you, that you are alone, you feel lonely and you think people don't love you. This life of misery continues until you realize that you are the one who was blocking out all the love from outside because you didn't have love within you. What I would like to

Wanderer

Ever been like a wanderer? Yes,we all are in our whole life . F irst,going to school then getting new classmates,new teachers at every standard,then during college making new friends,new assignments daily,vivas,projects and so on... Reading it all makes us so insightful.We all are eventually wanderers in every phase of our life,however distinctively gathering experiences different from others. Well life in short is no paragraph or a sentence in which you can explain its meaning precisely.Its an ongoing journey flowing like a directionless wind from one place to another without any aim. And although,we think,plan cautiously things still don't go our way.Suppose you decided to go to your desired college but you don't get selected,now what will you do? Have you ever thought about it?Alas! You were so entangled in preparing yourself for that one sought after college that you ultimately forgot to also have other colleges in your hand.If you would have done that perhaps no