Skip to main content

The Unspeakable Love



I looked at her. She appeared to be like a withered flower that had lost its fragrance. When I asked her what was the matter she gestured with her eyes that she was broken.



Well, you must be wondering who I am talking about. It's my friend Netra. A sweet, sensible, bubbly girl. She didn't have many friends but she was happy that she had me as her bestie since childhood. Well, we lived in the same building plus we were also neighbors so it was natural that we had a close emotional bond. 

But looking at her that way, I was deeply sad. I felt that somebody had broken a piece of my heart. 

Hurting her meant inflicting pain on me too. We were after all more than friends.We were like sisters, at times fighting like cats but also protective of each other if someone tried to harm us.

The evening passed away painfully but she was reluctant and didn't not respond to my plead. After much thought and waiting, I called Laksh.

"Hello, Is this Laksh speaking?" I asked

"Yes, who am I talking to?" Laksh asked, with his high pitch voice.

"Dude, It's me, Chakshu speaking" I affirmed

"Ya?" He pretended

"I just wanna know what happened between you and Netra!" I snapped

"Well, firstly, I would like to blame you for everything that has happened and secondly, she is not of my type" He complained and boasted.

"What?? Are you nuts ? And for what reason do you blame me ? Did I come in between of you two ? I don't think so!" I yelled at him.

"Oh, I wish you came! Do you love me by the way? I wouldn't mind dating you" He teased

" Oh, Just shut up! you pervert! Tell me directly what did you do?" I yelled again

"Hey! Mind your language! ok!" 

"It's your fault why didn't you tell me that she cannot speak!" He said

"That she's dumb!"

"Oh! So this is what drove you insane? Really ? And you broke up with her for this stupid reason ? Shame on you!" I said

"Now, Just go to hell and never dare to call or meet her again!"

"Oh, hello! I don't have interest in a girl who cannot even speak 'I love you". Please! Spare me! It would take me years to understand her sign language and then her!" He ridiculed

"Huh! Because you, yourself are mentally retarded! That's why! You know what, boys like you should be doomed! Go die!" I said, hanging up on the phone.

'I seriously never saw this side of his coming. All I knew was how sweetly he used to text her on whats app and message on Facebook' I said to myself

I went over to her. She was crying buried inside her pillow and gestured me to go away but I didn't. I knew she wanted me to stay and give her solace.

Aunty was really worried. She knew something was going on in her daughter's life but every time she asked, Netra gestured me to say to her that nothing important had occurred. Every time she made me lie to her. But this time Aunty was disturbed, she wanted to know at any cost who had tried to wreak havoc in her daughter's life.

But again she grabbed my hand  impatiently and with teary eyes pleaded not to reveal the truth. I don't know why she was protecting him and what would she get to care about him when he didn't bother about her. 

Perhaps this was her unspeakable love which he would never understand.

I walked Aunty out of the room as she came along. Then I narrated her a story that a guy was making fun of her for a week which disturbed her a lot. I knew my story looked quite unbelievable. So she said that I lied to her and that she would herself find out what was the matter.


My brother started calling me, saying that I was getting late for dinner but I insisted to stay tonight with Netra. 

Whole night she looked outside the window and I knew that she was recollecting all those sweet memories she had with him. 

Well, the story goes this way, One month back Netra got a friend request from Laksh. She accepted and that day itself he messaged her. Then they started chatting and as usual they asked about each other and the chat continued. I remember vividly that during the third night, she was excited and she showed me the chat where laksh had proposed her online and she had said yes. I was happy for her that time but also worried. When I asked her whether he knew about it. She gestured that she would soon message him. This was a troublesome sight. 

One week passed and they continued texting each other every night but she didn't reveal to him. I had intuition that something bad was about to happen. And so it did.

One day, he texted her to meet in a specific church on Christmas eve. She agreed to it.

Then the following that happened was when she didn't speak a word and begin her sign language, he would have got to know about the truth. This is what I assume as she didn't disclose to me anything what had happened.

The next morning

Someone rang the bell continuously. Aunty had already left for the office early morning. I wondered if it was the house maid. 

As I unlatched the door, to my surprise it was Laksh.

I was awestruck with this sight. 

Why was he here? To disturb my friend or to tarnish her image? I was scared because aunty knew nothing about Laksh and she wouldn't be able to handle all this well.

"Why are you here?" I asked in authority

"To meet Netra, Is she here? He asked sweetly

"Don't try to fool me! Ok! I know that ugly person behind this mask you are wearing. Now, tell me straightaway why are you here!" I demanded

"Can I come in?" He asked gently

"No!" I said

"Will you tell me or should I take action against you? I would be pleased if you would allow me to" 

"Netra" He called her

"She's sleeping and don't you dare influence her with your fake love" I said

"Listen Chakshu, I know you are angry and you have every right to be but please let me in, I must meet her and tell her that I love her" He pleaded

"Love? What? Are you mental or have you lost your mind? Didn't I tell you yesterday not to bother about her anymore? Just go, Ok, stop interfering in her life. I know guys like you only know how to play with an innocent girl's heart. Go play with someone Else's feelings not hers!" I said

"Please! Please Chakshu! I love her! I really do! I know yesterday I shouldn't have behaved that way but I seriously didn't know anything about it. Please, believe me, I love her" He prayed 

"Listen Laksh, One word more and I'll call the security so just leave with dignity, ok?" I said

"Believe me, I am not lying! I love her." He said

"I even called and texted her many times but she didnt respond" 

"After all what you did? You seriously think she would let you walk again in her life?" I mocked

"But you don't know anything" He cried  

And bang! I slammed the door in his face.

Netra came out with sleepy eyes and asked if the maid had arrived.

I said it was someone new who had come here to ask about a flat no. Again, I wasn't good at lying but she believed me and turned round to lay on the bed.

I felt really bad for her miserable state but I was only protecting her from my side. I couldn't let that jerk hurt her again.


( To be continued... )
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Negative energy affects your life

You may have noticed that negative people and negative events always hamper your life. And, well, not just life it proves to be like a rust that is not ready to leave you at any cost. Rust brings nothing but staleness in our lives.  When you live around negative people all the time, you know how it juxtaposes your energy field from positive to negative and vice versa. You are being affected by the environment hugely and these constant fluctuations does nothing but creates havoc and chaos into our lives. You are now severely affected by the collision of two energies; positive and negative. There is no balance that can be created as the outer energy is overpowering your state of mind and life, eventually controlling your day. Not a day goes by when you try to create a smooth balance between your inner soul and your existing environment, that more negative things get attracted to you. It starts with one negative thing, such as an argument, a fight over a small issue, a misundersta

Self Love And Relationships

When you don't love yourself, you do not appreciate anything in your life including the people and the things you have. Albert Einstein said, "Nothing happens until something moves". The question is, are you willing to make a move and love yourself? Are you willing to accept who you are including the flaws you have? Are you willing to change your life? If yes, then my friend you have come to the right place and I am here to make you fall in love with yourself. You must have noticed that when people love you and you don't receive the love back with equal affection or don't return their love, they simply block you from their life or walk out from your life. And then you feel that nobody loves you, that you are alone, you feel lonely and you think people don't love you. This life of misery continues until you realize that you are the one who was blocking out all the love from outside because you didn't have love within you. What I would like to

Wanderer

Ever been like a wanderer? Yes,we all are in our whole life . F irst,going to school then getting new classmates,new teachers at every standard,then during college making new friends,new assignments daily,vivas,projects and so on... Reading it all makes us so insightful.We all are eventually wanderers in every phase of our life,however distinctively gathering experiences different from others. Well life in short is no paragraph or a sentence in which you can explain its meaning precisely.Its an ongoing journey flowing like a directionless wind from one place to another without any aim. And although,we think,plan cautiously things still don't go our way.Suppose you decided to go to your desired college but you don't get selected,now what will you do? Have you ever thought about it?Alas! You were so entangled in preparing yourself for that one sought after college that you ultimately forgot to also have other colleges in your hand.If you would have done that perhaps no