Skip to main content

Christmas Eve

You are sipping a hot cup of coffee at your home. The coffee seems irresistible to you. It's foam is inviting you to indulge into the taste of heaven. The aroma of coffee is tempting. You take a sip and it soothes your throat and relaxes your frozen body. You know there's no other feeling of enjoying hot coffee when you have sore throat. Well, it's not necessary to have a sore throat to have coffee but you know that feeling of relaxation when you gulp it down.

Have a good time!


Then as your eyes avert outside the window. You stand up from your couch, take few steps to the window where you see the view of the street below. The Christmas lights decorated beautifully all along the street. The lights making a loop, curve, climbing up and down across the buildings. People enjoying a conversation and having a great time. Pedestrians walking across the street as they engage on their phones or carrying bags of goodies. It's an enrapturing scenario which one cannot escape to watch.You enjoy all the fervor that's happening in your surroundings and wish to spend time with your family.

However, the thought of Skype makes you happy. You engage your good time with them and after a while go offline. Being alone on a festival is boring and depressing too. But then there are so many ways to keep yourself busy.

There's unwashed utensils waiting for you in the sink, a wrapped book kept neatly on your desk which you had ordered online, a dress which you were thinking to wear on a special occasion that never came, few good old friends who wait for your miscall, your neighbors who's been inviting you to visit them but you never obliged them and so much more! 

There are so many things waiting for you impatiently all this time! And this is the right time to give those people and things all the deserving attention in the world! So stop pondering about how your evening will turn out! Clear up all the mess, wear that pretty dress, put on some make up and make merry! I bet Santa will be overjoyed to see you happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfailing Outlook

While you have dreams in your vision to fulfill them,you also see on the other hand how people are living their life. The kind of life you too are dreaming at the moment. Someone's a doctor, musician, singer, astronaut, engineer, architect etc.Perhaps every individual lives up to their dreams as without dreams reality hits us hard.   To live your dream you need to have an ambition,an aim,strength to resist trials and tribulations,undivided focus and hard work.  And all this comes with a cost - Time! Time which keeps ticking at every mini second Time that doesn't stop Time which is the present Time that guides you to make or break your life. Like the wrist watch on your hand completes your style,the same way the time is a constant reminder to you to walk on the pedestal or you'll get hit by a car. But at times,we fail,we feel let down due to circumstances and sometimes hard luck. Whatever the issue of concern may be but it's really important to ha...

You & I

We both were enjoying the sunset on the beach.He t ook interest in the sandcastles I made . I looked at him in a childish way.  He said,"This is why I fell in love with you"  I gently laughed as he spoke. Again, he flattered me, saying,"What? I am serious Naina!"  "Ok, fine! When did I say you were fooling around" I chuckled The innocent look on his face made me laugh harder.I couldn't resist that moment and pulled his cheeks.He was taken aback by my sudden response. "What are you doing? It hurts!" He said " Is it so ? Then forget it, from now on wards I 'll never pull your cheeks" I mocked "Hey! Don't be mad, I like it when you do that but next time do it softly" He said After few minutes, he looked at me, his forehead display ed fine lines of tension. I knew he was about to speak something urgent. "Jokes apart" "Naina,their is something I want you to know" he prompt...

Remoulding one's personality

The calendar has been replaced,the year and also the dates but what specifically hasn't changed is the way we look our lives.On the New year's eve we all spend our time thinking that as soon as the new year begins we will change our routine,our schedule,in fact everything. On the first day,not to doubt,everyone sure does make effort to make it feel as if we have changed everything or trying to just mold few things but actually nothing changes except the calendar,the festivals and holidays. You go out of your home and as you look across the streets ,it can be clearly observed that the enthusiasm has waned and people are back to their daily regime. Nothing has changed. And surely,it is impossible to see change within a day.What important is not whether things have changed or you must make a change to feel exclusively that you have welcomed new year.The matter of fact should be whether we are trying to transform our lives or not. Why do we have to do that? Because last...